Trescal Canada, a global organization with labs in more than 22 countries is a leading calibration service provider with ISO 17025 accredited labs. We are looking for an energetic Senior Calibration Technician.
This position will perform in house and on-site calibrations and support junior technicians and service team with technical questions and expertise. The Senior Calibration Technician is responsible for the effective calibration of equipment enrolled in the calibration program as well as various administrative activities as they apply to meet established performance goals. This position works directly with the customers and Trescal service team to ensure efficient and effective work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent communication and service to customers, both internal and external
- Ensure we perform calibrations within organization’s target period.
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Review work orders and vendor reports for accuracy and clarity, proper scope, tolerance requirements, service dates and compliance to standards.
- Actively participate in scheduling of on-site work.
- Instrumentation Technician Diploma from a 3-year college program or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years calibration experience
- 1-3+ years field service/calibration experience
- Advanced knowledge of TUS and AMS2750 specifications (NADCAP requirements)
- Knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic pressure, thermodynamics (temperature, humidity) and electronic instrumentation fundamentals
- Ability to estimate jobs and service agreements
- Ability to schedule visits to customer facility to perform calibrations
- Effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form, interact constructively with peers/team members and can seek outside resources as needed
- Possess strong mathematical understanding,good reading and computer skills
- Self-motivated and self starter with the ability to grow intellectually as well as technically
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational skill and demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, and monitor personal work schedule.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
- Availability to work overtime when required completing work in progress.
- Requires a valid class G driver’s license.
- Incumbents must have proficient skills with a personal computer and good knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel. Experience with web based applications is also preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday